Tuesday, August 4, 2009

God's Miracles

Back in April some of you read ( if not click here or here to read them) my prayer request for our friends Jared and Teri Self. Their twins were born at 28 weeks and spent a lot of time in the NICU. When Jared called to let us know that Teri's water had broken, he told us the outlook was "grim."

I remember cringing at that word, sitting back and bawling my eyes out. My boys only spent 9 days in the NICU, I couldn't even imagine what these babies were about to go through, if they even had the chance. Tons of prayers went up. The doctors ended up using Nitric Oxide to make their little lungs work. It's not common practice (and if I understand correctly, not FDA approved), but it was the last resort as the doctor put it.

More prayers went up. Hour by hour, then day by day, these little ones showed everyone (including doctors, nurses, friends, family, and especially their parents) just how strong they are.
Yesterday, Whitley and Wyatt turned 4 months old. They are both now out of the NICU and doing well. They have very strong loving parents, who have gone through so much. Chris and I had the chance to have dinner with them the other day. Here is a picture from our outing. (You should have seen the looks when we all entered the restaurant).

Chris and I are holding them in our hands. It still sends chills down my spine. They went from a "grim" out look, to two perfect miracles. Thank you for your prayers, and it is just another example of the love that God has for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crystal you can not vote for both of the boys-- regarding their first tooth.

Anonymous said...

God really does answer prayers. What a beautiful picture of all of you! Love Grandma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...