Now that we are able to go out and about with the boys, we are amazed how much attention twins bring. It seems that everyone stops and stares. Chris and I find it funny some of the questions and comments that we get.
1) Are they twins?
What I want to say- DUH! They are in matching outfits, matching carriers, and they are about the same size! Nope, this one on the left is a year older, he just is short.
2) Are they natural?
What I want to say- As opposed to …aliens, Frankenstein…what kind of question is that? What is an un-natural baby? This is just a way to pry into our infertility lives (which is a story that I don't mind sharing), I just think this is a rude way to ask.
What I want to say- As opposed to …aliens, Frankenstein…what kind of question is that? What is an un-natural baby? This is just a way to pry into our infertility lives (which is a story that I don't mind sharing), I just think this is a rude way to ask.
3)Do twins run in your family?
What I want to say- they can't even crawl yet, but I'm sure when they can, they'll be running all over the place.
What I want to say- they can't even crawl yet, but I'm sure when they can, they'll be running all over the place.
4) Boy, do you have your hands full!
What I want to say- I do have my hands full, but it’s my heart that is overflowing!
What I want to say- I do have my hands full, but it’s my heart that is overflowing!
5) (MY Least favorite)I’m glad they are not mine.
What I want to say- I’m glad they are not yours, too!!!
What I want to say- I’m glad they are not yours, too!!!
I could go on and on. I'm sure Amy could relate.
Also, we were on house arrest for so long, I am having a real hard time getting adjusted to being around people. I am constantly analyzing about how many germs that last person had on them and who they have been around that might have been sick. I'll admit, I use more wipes on the boys hands and face than on their bottoms, and I have Germ-X stashed everywhere. I'm starting to get better, but I still hyperventilate when someone coughs 100 yards away.

2 comments:
First of all...what are you doing up at 4:29 a.m. blogging? :)
I can totally relate. I've decided that people probably have good intentions with their comments, but I feel the same way about all of them that you do! Sometimes I have a hard time controlling my mouth, so I have a feeling someone will probably get one of those responses if they catch me on a bad day! Especially the "glad they're not mine." ugh.
For some unknown reason pregnant bellies and newborn babies make people forget their social graces, and they feel like they can just say whatever comes to mind, usually revealing a wealth of ignorance and rudeness! Don't let it get to you!
Post a Comment