Here are some questions that I am curious to know the answers from all of you. Consider it a "tag" to all of the moms that could answer my questions. If you have a blog, you can post it on your blog like a regular "tag" or answer in the comment section. If you don't have a blog, please feel free to answer in the comments. I know all babies are different, I'm just curious as to where my boys stand and milestones I have to look forward to.
1) Breastfeed, Formula, or both?
2)If you used formula, what kind?
3) Breastfeed...how long?
4) What kind of bottles did you use?
5) At what age did you introduce rice cereal?
6) Did you put it in the bottle or just feed it with a spoon?
7) Did it help your child sleep through the night?
8) How old was your child when he/she finally slept through the night?
9) What was the times? from _____ to ______
10) How old was your child when you could put her in a Bumbo? If you had one.
11) When did he first smile/laugh (not gas related)?
12) Did your child have reflux?
13) Did you have medicine for reflux? Did it help?
14) When did the reflux stop?
Thanks for your answers! I'm sure they will help all of the new mommies.
I tag all the moms who read this blog.
August
8 years ago

6 comments:
Back in the day....30 years ago ~
1)Only formula. It's difficult for adoptive mothers to nurse.
2)Baby #1 - Similac
Baby #2 Tried many formulas before finding success with soy
4)Evenflo bottles with Nuk nipples
5) rice cereal probably way too early by today's standards...The pediatrician had us start at 2-3 months.
6)Fed it with a spoon. Supposedly it helps prepare them for language by using their tongues, etc.
7)No, it didn't Baby #2 slept through the night when she started kindergarten.
8)Baby #1 3-4 months
Baby #2 5 1/2 years
9)Baby #1 8:00 - 6:00
Baby #2 late to late
10)Bumbo??? Bumbo??? I had a lap.
11)I would have to check the baby books.
12)Yes, Baby #2 but it was called colic.
13)Nope, no medicine...She was attached to my body 24/7.
14) When she was about a year old.
The old wives' tales say colicy babies will be well adjusted when they're grown. I firmly believe that.
Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane.
Darrah
1. Breastfed all three until late in the first year.
2. Whatever was cheapest--either on sale or store brand. (After they were weaned and before they hit the one-year mark)
3. Ruth--9 1/2 mo. (weaned herself)
Weston--8 1/2 mo. (weaned himself)
Max--10 1/2 mo. (had to wean for medical reasons)
Originally planned to nurse all for the first year.
4. Avent
5. Between 4 and 6 mo.
6. Always with a spoon. It was very, very soupy at first, then got thicker over time.
7. Didn't seem to be related too much. What DID make a difference was swaddling. All my babies slept better tighly swaddled, like in the hospital. And my older two used pacifiers, which also seemed to help, especially after they could put it back in themselves.
8. Sleeping through the night seemed to come and go. Ruth was probably 2-3 mo. the first time. Weston was around 4 mo. and pretty much never stopped. Max slept through the night around 2 or 3 mo. but gave it up completely a couple of months later. He's still a wild card, but it helped when I stopped feeding him in the middle of the night.
9. Really varied, but I counted it a full night's sleep if I got at least 5 hours in a row.
10. Never had a Bumbo, but the kids sat up surrounded by the Boppy around 3 mo.
11. Probably all around 1-2 mo.
12. All had reflux.
13. They took Zantac. It helped some, but certainly didn't make the problem go away.
14. Between 3 and 6 mo.
So I am also a friend of Amy's and thought I would share as well.
1)Breastfed exclusively until about 8 months when I slowed down production and had to start supplimenting a few bottles a day. At one year she went to whole milk.
2)When I did start using formula, I used Enfamil, it was in a yellow can.
4)I used NUK bottles since they are shaped like the pacifier, and i was worried she would stop nursing if I gave her something else (but she did just fine)
5) i started at 4 months, but didnt stay on the rice cereal as long as i should have because she didnt like it
6)Fed it with a spoon
7)I was blessed and my daughter slept through the night since she was born.
8)3 days old
9)she usually slept 12 hours at a time so from 9 to 9 or 10 to 10
10)as soon as she could hold her head up
11)smiled at 6 weeks
12)no reflux
13)
14)
I meant to edit my comment and deleted it...oops!
You're so welcome! I don't know how much help it is, I know things are way different with 2.
Post a Comment