We have a new rule at our house. The boys are not allowed to climb in the tree in our back yard when their daddy is not home. You see, I don't do well in emergency situations. I might even be know to run away and throw up rather than help the individual needing attention. So when the boys discovered that they are now big enough to push the table up to the tree and climb up, we quickly needed to set a few limits. I can just imagine the injuries that are going to come from that tree. I know there will be stitches and broken arms, and I hope nothing worse. Their daddy needs to be there and be in charge when this happens.
The rule: NO CLIMBING IN THE TREE UNLESS DADDY IS HOME.
This past weekend, Chris was out of town and the boys and I spent a lot of time in the back yard (not climbing the tree). Sunday evening, when I heard his truck pull up, I quickly asked the boys to go and check to see who was here. My sweet little Heath, ran through the house, saw Chris's truck, and quickly made a u-turn. He was at least 6 feet up in the tree before Chris made it in the house with his suitcase.
He had waited all weekend long, and now he was officially not breaking the rule.
August
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment