Monday, May 13, 2013

Muddy Buddy

This past weekend my family and I traveled to Johnson City and joined our Aunt Sharon in running the Muddy Buddy.  This event was pretty special to us because it benefited Prostate Cancer which is what my Papa passed away from.  We spent months training (some of us more than others :)) and we were super excited when the day finally came. Dad and Kay made up one team.  Aunt Sharon, Amy, and I made up the other team.  Owen and Colby made up a third team (They ran faster than we did and placed 5th over all.  I don't have pictures of them.).

I made a cake with five piggies rolling in the mud just to get us in the mood.

Our before picture.

Ready to race!

The course was 4.5 miles and included 10 different obstacles including cargo nets, rope climb, and river wading.  Unfortunately, the camera man wasn't up for following us so the beginning and end are all the pictures we have.

Here is the fab five coming around the final bend.


Over the final wall...

...and into the mud pit.

The little piggies rolling in the mud.  Notice Aunt Sharon doing the back stroke.

Coming out of the mud pit.  Careful Crystal, it's slippery.

Crossing the line together.  By the way, that is NOT our time.  We finished the race in 1 hour and 25 minutes.  Not too bad.

After...

We finished!  It was so much fun.  Sharon, Amy and I finished in 2nd place in the group division for our heat, and Dad and Kay won the Beast division for our heat.  We are kind of awesome like that!

Thank you Aunt Sharon for convincing us to join you.  We had a great time and I can't wait until the next one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...