For the sake of assuring all of my faithful blog readers (both of them) that I do not have a perfect life, I'm going to give you a small glimpse into the catastrophes of my summer.
- My washing machine broke.
- My sweet children turned off my outside freezer without my knowledge just as we were leaving for vacation. We returned 8 days later to a terrible stench and 8 ft trail of blood and rotty meat juices running out of my freezer into my garage. All of our stock pile of meat was ruined.
- My steam mop broke. (If someone is looking for a Christmas/Birthday/Back to School Gift this would be Great!)
- My dishwasher broke.
- The toilet in the master bathroom broke.
- Today was the last official day of my summer vacation. I have to go back to school on Monday.
- My husband is smart enough to do some research on the Internet and figure out what was wrong with my washing machine and it only cost us $30 to replace the part needed instead of having to hire someone to come look at it, or worse, buy a new washer.
- Because my children turned off my freezer, I now have a new appreciation for deer and elk meat and my husbands hunting habits. I have come to realize how expensive beef is, and that I would rather eat deer or elk anyway. I have also realized how sweet some of our friends are for giving us some of their elk so we don't have to buy as much beef.
- Since my fabulous steam mop broke, my family and friends now have a great idea of what they can get me for Christmas/Birthday/Back to School Gift. :) (OK, so this one is a stretch)
- I didn't like my old dishwasher anyway, and my new one has 2 really handy little filters that I can clean out and they make me feel better about washing dishes in it.
- My hubby is smart enough to fix the valve in the master bathroom toilet, and he doesn't get grossed out by lifting the lid off the back of the toilet like I do.
- Along with a new school year starting, comes football season, followed by pumpkin season. My two favorite seasons of the year. There are only 185 more days of school left until next summer vacation.

4 comments:
Well said, well said! I love your blog. Keep on keeping on!
Oh, and does it make you feel better to know that my washer broke last week, I found a five week old sandwich left in Finley's lunchbox today, and I once unplugged my freezer to plug in a lamp at a garage sale to show them it worked and didn't remember to plug it back in?
I loved it!!! Glad I clicked on the link on fb to read the post. Can't wait to read some more. You are MUCH better at this blogging thing than I am.
That was a great blog! I love seeing your posts and checking out my sweet grandsons! I so loved the post ( of them on the table) left a message from my iPhone, but never saw it again. Guess I didn't do it right, imagine that. Keep posting! Love, Lolly.
Post a Comment