Sunday, January 22, 2012

Maiden Voyage

I know most of you are going to roll your eyes and tell me that you do this all the time, but please hold your judgement until you finish reading.

I took the boys to town by myself for the first time yesterday.

Yes, I know they are 3 years old and I know how ridiculous it is to have never been to town on your own with your own kids in 3 whole years.  I know.  You see...It's not that I haven't tried, I have planned trips where I did plan to go by myself, but then there always seemed to be someone else that needed to go, too, so they just came along.

It's 90 miles to town and when you finally drive all that way, there is usually a long list of things that need to be done.  It makes for a long day even when the boys aren't with me.  I have to admit...I always welcomed tag alongs.  It gets stressful when the boys have a melt down and it is always comforting to have another set of hands to take care of one boy while I discipline the other.  It's also nice to have someone else who can buckle and unbuckle car seats, and someone who can push an extra cart so I can actually fit groceries in the basket.

I will also admit that after all this time...I was nervous.  I even had a nightmare about it.  It really built up in my head to be a lot more difficult than it was. I packed my purse with lots of distractions and bribes.  I didn't have to use them even once.  The boys were wonderful.  They did great.  There wasn't even one break down.  We even had to go to the dreaded mall and they did great. Amazing!

Now that I know I can, there will definitely be more shopping trips with Momma.  I know I shouldn't have been so nervous about it...it worked out fine.  Stop laughing at me!

1 comment:

The Jones' said...

you are just too funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...