Monday, January 23, 2012

The Ending of an Era

I no longer have Twin-y twin boys.  I am finally accepting the fact that they look nothing alike.  Hunter is 3-4 inches taller than Heath and outweighs him by about 5-7lbs.  Heath's hair has a little bit of curl to it and is usually sticking straight up.  Hunter's hair is very straight and shapes his round little face nicely.  Heath has a thinner face and high cheek bones.  Hunter wears 3T-4T clothes, and Heath is in 2T-3T.  They do look very different. (and don't get me started on how different they act, there is not enough room on the Internet to list all of those differences).

However, I guess it really hit home when I was at Sam's the other day and I had the boys sitting side by side in the basket when a lady stopped me.  I prepared myself for the usual 5 minute conversation about how her uncle's step kids twice removed had twins once upon a time, but instead she asked, "So...What's the age difference between your boys?"

Wow!  I stumbled over the answer, because it was a new question for me. I guess I knew deep down that they look different, but I wasn't ready think that they could have been separate.

I smiled and coyly replied, "One minute."

"Oh! Their twins," She exclaimed.  Then she proceeded to tell me about her uncles cousin twice removed that had a set of twins.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...