They have been able to hop the rail of their crib for some time now, and my fear of a serious emergency room visit finally got the best of me so we made the switch. The good part is not only can they get out of their beds (like they have been able to do for a while), but now they can get back in them!
So Daddy (aka Handy Man) made the switch...
...while I corralled the boys in the other crib.
And soon enough, there was no corral.
Of course, it's deer season, so Daddy's phone is permanently attached to his head. I'll take his handyman duties any way I can get them.
Then we switched to the other bed, because, in case you didn't know, we have TWO of everything!
Ahh! But wait! There was a problem with the second toddler rail. It was broken.
We got these cribs well over 2 years ago, and we didn't know this one was broken in the box. I don't think they would have taken it back this late in the game, so Chris JB Welded it together.
Worked like a charm. However, in the 1 MINUTE that I had my back turned to help Chris glue it together...look what happened!
Little Monkeys!!! Here is Daddy showing off his handy work. Notice the boys found a new use for the toddler rail that Mommy never thought of. Maybe my fear of an emergency room visit won't be put to rest! Giddy Up Horsey!
But at last...Merry Christmas to all...
...and to all a good night!
Ha! Don't let the peaceful illusion fool you, at 1:48 a.m. I heard a door slam...yup, Heath had easily escaped and was headed down the hallway. I am thankful for my sons' OCD about having all doors shut. If he hadn't of slammed the door, who knows what could have happened in an unsupervised MINUTE!
**On a later note: It took three nights for Hunter to fall out of his bed. I heard a big thud followed by a terrified scream. I guess that's not a fun way to wake up.

2 comments:
You have boys. There is no such thing as putting your fear of ER visits to rest! And, trust me, ANYTHING can happen in a single unsupervised minute! I can't believe your boys are already big enough for big-boy beds!
And just where was Heath going at 1:48? Silly boys! Miss all of you, love Lolly.
Post a Comment