Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dr. Visit # 2 (E.R. visit # 1)

Well, that didn't take long.

Last night about 11 Heath woke up pretty fussy. After trying repeatedly to calm him down and get him back to sleep, I decided he could just sleep in bed with us. While I was snuggled up close to him (which means- his feet in my stomach, his head on Chris') I noticed that his breathing was very rapid and gurgully (that's a word, right?) We had given him medicine before he went to bed, so he shouldn't have sounded that bad. He felt like he was running a fever and upon closer inspection, we found his heart rate to be beating extremely fast. When I say fast, I mean, it sounded like rapid machine gun fire. We both decided that this shouldn't be happening and I took him to the E.R.

Once we were there, he laid on the table and let them run all of the test (definitely a sign that something is wrong, that child is NEVER still). Thankfully, our favorite nurse, Ashley, was there. His pulse was at 175 and his blood pressure was through the roof. They ordered chest X-rays.

The doctor said that it was probably a mild (I don't want to be around for a non-mild) asthma attack brought on by his congestion. They gave him a breathing treatment and it seemed to really help.

We crawled back in bed about 1:15 this morning and resumed our previous position, Heath's feet on my stomach and his head on Chris'.

Needless to say, I'm exhausted.

By the way, Happy First Day of Dove Season to all the Hunters out there!

2 comments:

Mandi Martin said...

Oh, Crystal, I'm so sorry! That kind of stuff is so scary! Hope he feels better soon and that you all catch up on your sleep!

Anonymous said...

Oh my sweet baby boy, I am so sorry he was so sick. I hope he won't have asthma like his daddy. It can really be scarey when they are little. Love, Lollie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...