Caution- If you have a weak stomach you might want to skip this one.
It started out as a regular Wednesday evening. Chris and I had just finished supper along with the boys. Right after supper they got a bath, because they were terribly messy and we were about to head out for church. So, while Chris bathed the boys, I returned to the kitchen to clean up the high chairs. Afterwards, I returned to the bathroom just in time for a rousing rendition of "Old MacDonald." A jolly time was being had by all.
Until...one of the boys stood up (I am purposely leaving out the name here to save him from future ridicule). Under this child, I noticed something that I had not seen in the bath tub before. Poop! I screamed! I completely melted down and I must say thank goodness that Chris was there.
I jerked up the baby out of the bathtub to get him out of the water. Only then did I realized that he wasn't finished. Again, I freaked! Chris, very calmly, made me hold him over the toilet. He (the unnamed baby) didn't like it, but did finish. While holding him there, I kept shrieking at Chris to get the other baby. He was still sitting in the poopy water. Yuck!
We rinsed off the babies (rescrubbing where necessary) and I diapered and dressed (and maybe even hand sanitized) the boys, while Chris drained the water, cleaned and clorxed the bathtub and all of the toys. I couldn't have done it.
Gross! Mom says it's a right of passage and that all children eventually do this...Yuck!
August
8 years ago

2 comments:
Welcome to the Poopy Bathtub Club!!! Caution- it can and probably will happen again!! Just glad it wasn't both of them pooping in the tub!
Yes, it happens to us all. I think at some point all 3 of my children pooped in the tub. Even to H & H's Dad! Way to go Chris! Love, Grandma.
Post a Comment