On the way to Odessa, we had to stop twice, once for each boy to have a screaming fit that wouldn't end until they were safely in Mommy's arms. When we finally got to Home Depot, it was time for the boys to eat, so Chris and I sat in the parking lot and fed the boys. While changing Heath's diaper on the center console of the truck, Heath managed to poop on the console and pee all over the passenger seat, dash, and windshield. We went through 4 diapers in that one change. Only when I thought I had it all cleaned up did I realize that he also peed on the bottles that we had just prepared. ARGHHHH! Luckily, I had plenty of feeding supplies and I made new bottles while my two babies screamed their heads off. Before Chris and I made it to the doctor's office with the boys we were down to only 2 diapers left in the diaper bag, Hunter had been changed because he spit up all over his outfit, and Chris and I were covered in poop, pee, and throw up.
I'm sure that we will get better at getting out and about, but right now...it might be a good thing we are on house arrest.
* The picture is of Heath, who likes to tug on his hair. I haven't seen him actually pull his hair out, but he does have a very firm grip on it.

5 comments:
Crystal,
Please let me know when the boys are up and you feel like company. I would LOVE to come see them and Hold them and if you want you can call me when it's almost feeding time and I WOuld LOVE to help feed and change them and Love on them.
My # is 432-661-2672 Please let me now. I won't call because I dont' want to bother if you might be resting or something.
Heather
Oh Crystal, I have been there...but not times 2!! It will get better...eventually! Hang in there!
Crystal, I completely sympathize with you! The first few times Rhyann and I got out of the house on our own I had a complete meltdown! I sat and cried in the parking lot of Target a few times before we finally got a routine down! Luckily Chris is by your side helping! If I can be of any help, please email me or call me, I would love help any way I can!
ok. so let me tell you that it is 11:42pm and I have finally given up trying to write my first careplan in RN school. (Nothing like LVN stuff that I actually know how to do) SOOO! I throw the book across the room (really hoping that it would disinegrate when it hit the dorr so I would have an excuse not to do this craziness anymore)and decide to look at the blogs and I come to your lovely little bit. let me tell you I laughed till I had tears!!! I feel for you (my friend here in Merkel has twin boys born Dec 2nd) BUT... you have lightened my day by sharing that one story. Thank you my old friend! I love you!!! Kiss those sweet, beautiful boys for me!
My boys tug on their hair too! Don't worry... it WILL get better. Of course...there are still those pull your hair out moments occasionally, but that's just the joy of having two :)
Post a Comment