For those of you who know me well, you know that if I lived in a big city there are two things I have always wanted to do: 1) Be a bell ringer for the Salvation Army at Christmas and 2) Take my laptop and sit at a Starbucks. For those who live in large towns this may not seem like much, but for us little town people those are two things that just are not possible. Until today. While the Salvation Army will still have to wait for my services, I did get to sit in Starbucks with my computer and watch the people go by. It was all that I had hoped it would be and I learned there are some real "freaks" in this town. I hope that I can go back again while we are here.
This afternoon, Chris and I went to the Kemah Boardwalk. I was really a neat place. It was right on the water, and had lots of cool little shops and restaurants. We hope to go back and eat at some of the sea food restaurants (Chris has his eye on some of the Oyster Bars).
I read this quote today on an e-mail from a close friend, I think it means a lot:
'I can handle anything that life throws at me.
I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly,
or gracefully, or with finesse, or expediently
but I will handle it.'
August
8 years ago

3 comments:
Hey Crystal,
I like the quote. I need to have it posted on my wall at home and read it every morning.
Sorry I have not been in touch. Very Very Very busy, as always.
Kay
Hey,
Sounds like you are having fun. I miss getting to talk to you. Always in our prayers.
Kay
Thanks Kay, Chris and I appreciate all of the prayers we can get. I hope you are having fun still working at home.
Post a Comment