Monday, March 26, 2012

Heath's Guardian Angel

I am so blessed to have two.  God gave me two.  I haven't always understood why, but I am so thankful to have two.

One reason God might have given me twins is so that Heath will always have an extra set of eyes watching out for him.  That child is exhausting.

The other day Chris took the boys up to the church with him to mow and weed the yard.  The boys were happily playing in a tree when Chris rounded a corner and was out of view for a short moment, mowing.  Chris was only out of sight for a minute when Hunter came running around the corner yelling at Chris, saying, "Dad, Heath-y's in trouble."  Chris quickly stopped mowing and hustled towards the tree where they were playing.  There he found that Heath was hanging by his shirt from the tree with his arms and legs dangling.  Apparently he had slipped in the tree and his shirt had caught on a broken limb.  He had a large "rope-burn" looking mark on his neck, but otherwise, was no worse for the wear.

I'll have to admit, when Chris told me the story, I may have been a little upset with him for not watching our sweet children a little closer.  I may have gotten on to him for letting them climb the tree in the first place.  I may not have been the sweet little wifey that I'm supposed to be because I thought he nearly killed one of our kids.  I may have still glared every time the story was mentioned.  That was until Saturday...

You see, Saturday, I was planting the garden while the boys were playing on the play scape about 20 feet from me.  Chris was gone to work.  Between every plant that I planted, I would stand up and check on the boys.  They had piled leaves at the top of their 3 story play scape and were pretending that they were eating breakfast.  Everything was going great until I was planting another tomato plant and Hunter came around the corner.   "Mom, Heath-y's in trouble."  Where had I heard this before?  I quickly dropped the gardening spade and sprinted around the corner to find Heath hanging by his shirt from the green peg on the rock wall of the play scape.  He was unable to get his feet back on the next peg so he just freely hung, until I lifted him off and untangled his shirt.  He wasn't hurt.  Not a scratch was on the kid.  He just smiled at me and went back to playing. 

I immediately texted Chris and apologized for every doubting him and explained what had just happened to me.  We decided Heath should definitely play without shirts on from now on.

The real "Hero" of the time is Hunter.  It's funny how calm he stays and says, "Heath-y's in trouble."  I thank God every day for my two and I ask him to watch over them both and keep them healthy and safe.  I especially thank God for the extra set of eyes to watch over my Heath-y.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Heath is so much like Chris! Always looking for an accident. Scares me to death. Thank God for watching over both my precious grand boys! And for Hunter's watchful eye!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...