Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pumpkin Ice Cream

My family is really not a big ice cream eating family.  Chris won't touch the stuff and I would prefer to have a brownie over ice cream anyday.  However, I took it upon myself to figure out how Mom's ice cream maker kitchen-aide attachment worked.  Not only did I figure it out, but I made some yummy dessert.  The key (incase you are wondering) is to put really cold ingredients in the mixer.  I mixed it all up a day in advance and let it set in the fridge.  When I added it to the ice cream maker, it only took about 10 minutes to freeze.

Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream

1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
1 cup cream

2/3 cup half-and-half

2/3 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice



What kind of mom would I be if I didn't share?


To find the "real" recipe, click here.  I kind of adjusted the recipe for what I had in the kitchen and didn't have to go buy.  I believe recipes are really just suggestions, anyway.  Don't tell Chris.

1 comment:

Mandi Martin said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have that Kitchen Aid attachment as well, so I may just have to give this a try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...