Friday, September 23, 2011

Men and Shopping Shouldn't be in the Same Sentence

The other day, Chris had to go to the big city for a doctor's appointment.  When you live in a small town like we do, no one escapes on a trip to town without a grocery list.  So, I compiled a list of groceries that our household desperately needed.  I organized it by aisle, highlighted quantity, and even printed out pictures of the items where I thought there might be some confusion.  We went over the list together the night before and after a few hours, I was confident that he could manage it.

From the moment he walked into the grocery store, until the moment he walked out....he called me NINE times.  9. Nueve.  Some questions were legit.  I guess men don't know that the spices are alphabetized.  Other calls were ranting about how he couldn't find something else. 9 times.  At one point he claimed it was too hard and that he was going to quit.  I simply replied, "Honey, you should try to do this with 4 arms flying out of the basket trying to grab everything in sight.  Now, get back in there!"

I will say that when I got home, it was absolutely the greatest thing ever.  Not only did he get everything on the list, but when he got home it was all tucked away nicely where it went (except for a small pile he was unsure about).  He didn't even pull the "Raymond" card and misplace everything so he doesn't have to do it again.

He even went to academy and bought the boys new winter coats and camouflage pants.  What a great Dad!  Now, don't get me wrong, I love to go shopping, but I don't consider grocery shopping with 2 year old twins "shopping."  It's more like a wrestling match.

2 comments:

Chey-Anne Smart said...

Wow! I'm impressed!

aWk said...

9 calls sounds worth it, I'm sure you agree now! How funny....I'm confident your shopping adventures are now appreciated even more. <3 your posts, always keep me laughing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...