Sunday, July 10, 2011

Schlitterbahn

This past week, Chris and I and the twins and Mom took the boys to Schlitterbahn.  Our boys are such water dogs (just like their father) so we were sure that they would love it.  We were right.  They never once got scared of anything that we sent them down.  The reason we choose Schlitterbahn was because they don't have a height limit on the majority of their rides.  There are only 4 rides that our boys are not allowed to go down.  Sometimes, the lifeguards will not let you hold on to their tube, but they rejoin you after the steep drops. Everything else is fair game...if you are brave enough.  We took the boys life jackets and used the tubes that don't have bottoms and the boys went down every tube ride in the park.  The only problem was that we could have used another person to help us carry tubes from ride to ride.

Chris talked us into going down a tube shoot.  You know the ones that are enclosed pipe the entire way.  We knew when we got in line that we would have to send the boys down with out us, but what we didn't know until we reached the top was that it was completely blacked out.  Chris and Mom went down first so they could catch the boys, then one at a time, I loaded them and sent them down.  After they had both reached the bottom, I went down my self.  Good Grief Charlie Brown!  Had I have gone first, I would not have sent my babies down that.  However, Mom and Chris both said the boys came out laughing and when we asked if they wanted to do it again they both said, "Yes!"

When we got ready to leave, we noticed that my backpack had been stolen off of our table.  Thankfully, I'm smart enough not to have had anything important in it.  I hope whoever made away with our Teddy Grahams, Sippy Cup, and Diapers is real proud of themselves.  It takes a big person to steal from toddlers.

The next day we drove through Luckenbach, TX on our way to Fredricksburg.



Those were the only pictures I got of the whole trip, but at least my camera wasn't in my backpack :).  The boys (including Daddy) were so good while we shopped.

That evening, we made our way back home.  It was a short get away, but. So. Much. Fun.

1 comment:

aWk said...

WOW! Your boys are brave and that story makes me laugh!
Boo for those dumdum's that stole from you!
Glad yall had a good time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...