Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pre-Party Prep

I have some great friends who came and helped (taught) me decorate the cookies and cup cakes for the boys party.  Together, we had searched so many blogs and found so many cool ideas that we couldn't decide which ones to use, so we did it all!

My main input was the actual baking of the cupcakes and cookies. I think we had enough.




My sweet friend, Keva, helped with the cupcakes.  We rolled fondant and played for hours.  It was so much fun.
I have a weakness for fondant.
Star-bellied Sneetch Cupcakes

 I finally got tired of rolling fondant and just decided to ice the last few cupcakes.
 Then our friend Ollie came over and taught me how to use Royal Flood Icing.  It was super cool, too.


 Here was our special little helper.
 Green Eggs and Ham cookies


 After we finished decorating the cookies, we had fun playing around with the icing on the cupcakes.  In case you are wondering, flood icing works just fine on cupcakes too.

Coming up next, the party!

2 comments:

The Boyd Gang said...

So cute.... Sad we missed the boys 1/2 birthday party! How do you make flood icing?

Chey-Anne Smart said...

Cutest cupcakes & cookies ever ever ever!!! So freakin' cool! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...