The boys love this book. It's one of their favorites. We read this book on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis.
Hunter can even quote the beginning for us. "Hello, Little Mouse, what are you doing" Though Hunter's version goes a little something like this: "Hi Mouse, what doin?"
However, when we get to this page. Hunter slams the book closed and says, "I no wike (like) it!" The picture of the strawberry with glasses on scares him.
I think that's funny. It makes me giggle.
I finally have to pry the book away from him so I can return to reading the story. I skip that page.
Once I tried to skip that page all together and he asked where the "glasses" was. He knew I skipped it. However, when I went back to it, he slammed the book closed and said, "I no wike it!"
Giggle.
At the end of the book the Mouse and the narrator cut the strawberry into and eat it all up. At this point the boys pretend to eat the strawberry by licking the page. Now that I think about it, that's probably why they both keep getting sick.
Excuse me while I go disinfect that book...


1 comment:
Oh no, Lolly is getting new glasses! Hunter is not going to like it. He,he.
Post a Comment