
I know Hunter is...but I don't think I am.
Hunter quite frequently tells me (or Mom) when he needs to go to the bathroom. He has been doing this for a while. He doesn't like when he is "dirty," and will request to be changed immediately. I know that he is starting to understand the concept, however, I'm the reluctant one.
I'm not sure that I'm ready. You see, when my babies are potty trained, I can no longer call them my babies any more. I know that I can't put it off any longer, so...here we go.
I bought two potty chairs this past weekend and put them together last night. Hunter was over joyed and told me numerous times that he needed to go. I stripped him down and set him on it numerous times. Numerous times...nothing happened. So when I got them out of the bath last night and Hunter started saying he needed to go, I ignored him. Hey, in my defence, I had two soaking wet boys that needed clothes and diapers before they froze to death. So, while Hunter cried that he needed to go potty, I dressed Heath. That's when it happened, Hunter peed all over the living room floor. (Where is Chris when you need him?) Poor Baby.
I learned my lesson and will now spend the rest of my life sitting with the poor child while he is on the potty being UnProDuCtiVe! I told you...I'm not ready for this, but ready or not...here it comes.
Heath thinks it's a really cool new chair to sit on but doesn't have any desire to do anything else. I have definitely decided I'm going to potty train Hunter first and hope that Heath is encouraged by what Hunter is doing.
Wish me luck!

4 comments:
Welcome to my unproductive world! And just so you know, it may take longer than you expect for him to really get it, even though he's interested in it. Don't be discouraged. I'm not trying to rain on the potty parade, but this is something I wish someone had told me, so I'm just passing it along. Then again, maybe Hunter will get it in just a couple of days and will teach Heath the ropes. Best of luck to you!
That is too funny! Better listen to Bo Bo next time, LOL! Love, Lolly!
Good luck! Potty training has to be my least favorite thing. But so nice when it's finally done.
I feel your pain. I can honestly say that it will all be worth it in the end. Cam's potty training experience lasted us a good 4 months but the new puppy arrived & it was a reward that we used for him as a bribe. All I can say is it worked. Good luck & don't get frustrated.
Post a Comment