Monday, May 17, 2010

What Do We Think???

I've had this question in my mind for a while now, and I have decided that the only way to get a true answer is to poll my blog readers. I really want to hear your opinions and thoughts on this.

As many of you know, the boys birthday is December 17th. I don't like that it is so close to Christmas. They weren't due until the end of January, I tried as hard as I could, they couldn't be held off. So I'm thinking about having "Half Birthday" celebrations. I want to be the kind of parent who throws big birthday parties. I love birthdays! I want to have a big "Half Birthday" celebration, then in December, when it's their real birthday, we would just celebrate with the four of us. This would also help out with the mass amount of presents from family and friends for their birthday and a few days later have the same for Christmas. Not to mentions spreading out the dent in the pocketbook.

So what do we think???

6 comments:

The Jones' said...

My kids birthdays are Dec 22nd and 27th. I have always felt the same way! So to celebrate, we have a family party on their actual birthday that includes grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Then we throw a "friend" party (not exactly a half birthday)sometime much later. They love it! As they get older, it's very hard to have "friend" parties at Christmas break so having half birthdays is an AWESOME idea!

Amy Holifield said...

I've been thinking the same thing for Brynna (Dec. 14) We'll probably have her parties on her real birthday for a few years, then when she starts school and has little friends, do something else. I think it's a great idea, especially since you have two.

Mandi Martin said...

We are all about the half-birthday--and we don't even have December birthdays! I believe birthdays should be a big deal!

Chey-Anne Smart said...

I think that is a fabulous idea. My niece's bday is Dec. 17th and she always seems to get lost in the Christmas shuffle.It's bad enough with Slade and Campbell being a month after Christmas. All their presents in the span of 4 weeks. I also knew someone that had a Christmas day bday and they celebrated in June so his friends could come. I say go for it! Sounds like lots of fun!

aWk said...

Well, I don't have kids so I can't say that I understand. However, my birthday is in January and I don't mind that it's too close to Christmas. I'm all about celebrating ocassions on THE DATE! It bothers me when Chad & I's anniversary falls on a Wednesday and we don't celebrate til the weekend! Different people feel different ways, so this is just my opinion. A birthday is a birthday because of the date, an anniversary is an anniversary because of the date... I know it must be hard to plan for and financially; I hope you come up with a solution that you feel comfortable with! Just tell those boys when they grow up to not expect their wife to celebrate twice a year; ha!

The Boyd Gang said...

Half birthdays sound great! It would be much easier to plan a big party in the summer anyways!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...