On this day exactly one year ago, Chris and I went through our final IVF procedure. After spending our morning going to Starbucks and a Church of Christ in Houston, our embryos were implanted at 3:00 pm. I remember thinking that it had to be a good sign that they were ready to implant on Mother’s Day Sunday. Chris and I tried to have children for years, this was our final hope. If it didn’t work, we would have moved on to adoption, and had to face the fact that we would never have biological children.
Together with the doctors, we decided to have two embryos implanted, with the prayer that at least one of them would take. To our surprise they both took, and we had twins. I believe that God took our hands and led us through every decision that we made. He knew, long before we ever started trying, that we would have two perfect, little, miracle babies.
Some may disagree with the decisions that we made, and that is their prerogative. However, to us, it was obvious that God was leading the way. We had been praying for years, and suddenly, things just fell into place. God’s answers were not always yes, and we did have to go through a lot of heartbreak before we ended our infertility journey. We stayed strong, for we knew what ever happened, it was ONLY because it was His will.
I remember sitting in church on Mother’s Day Sunday for the past 5 years and celebrating the mother’s all around. Most people didn’t know the struggles that we were going through, or the enormous hole that was in my heart. From childhood, every little girl dreams about growing up, marrying the man of her dreams, and becoming a mother. We played with dolls and nurtured and took care of them. I frequently read the story of Hannah in the bible and prayed for her strength and devotion. 1 SAMUEL 1:1-19. Today, I ask that you please pray for those, who long to be a mother, but out of the circumstances are unable to. It truly is the hardest struggle you never thought you would have to go through.
Now, I look at my two miracle babies and I thank God everyday for them. I pray that we can raise them according to God’s will and be a strong Christian example for them. Mother’s Day will always be a very special time for me, for it was the day that I became a Mother.

6 comments:
From someone who knew what you were going through most of the time and who was behind you every step of the way, have a Very Happy Mother's Day. You deserve it. Love you and see you in a few weeks.
You are so blessed! Enjoy every minute! Happy Mother's Day x 2!
We have all been blessed and are so proud of both you and Chris as to how you have handled and come through all that you have been through. Our tears and prayers were with you all of the way and
will contine to be. We are so proud of all of our granchildren.
We love you all.
Mimi and papa
Chris and Crystal, we are so proud of your family and are so blessed by little Heath and Hunter. What a miracle that God blessed you with. I always thought I could never love a child as much as I do my own children, but I have to say, I love those babies as much as my very own children. What a gift from God! And, what a gift to be chosen to be those wonderful babies grandma and grandpa.
I have been following your story all the way through and still to this day. I watched and waited and prayed for you to get the results you so well deserve. You were the one that gave me hope that I would to become pregnant. Not soon after you completed your study that I to was in your same shoes waiting and praying. I am finally a mother again after 13 years. I to got pregnant with twins. I have two twin girls. My question to you is one does it get any easier and where did you get those bottle feeders? They look amazing for when I am at home by myself with two hungry babies. God Bless you and your beautiful babies. Maybe one day we can meet.
TO the last anonymous person:
I don't know who you are, but would love to get to know you. How old are your girls? It does get easier, but we still have some very rough days. The bottle is called the Podee Bottle and I got it at justmultiples.com. If you have a blog, I would love to follow your story, if not, feel free to e-mail me at crystal.amthor@isisd.net
Post a Comment