Monday, December 1, 2008

My Thanksgiving Post...just a little late

This year during this special holiday I have so much to be thankful for.

*I am thankful that I am not able to get comfortable at night, that I have to get up every few hours to go to the bathroom, and that I have a terrible time breathing...because it means that I have TWO precious blessings growing inside my belly.

*I am thankful that I constantly have to pick up spit cups around the house, that I have someone to wake me up out of a finally comfortable sleep to tell me that I am breathing too hard, and that I am constantly reminded how much my body has "grown"... because it means that I have a husband who is home and loves me.

*I am thankful that I constantly have to sweep my floors, clean the bathrooms, and do the laundry...because it means that I have a roof over my head that I can call a home and clothes on my back.

* I am thankful that I have to do the dishes and clean up the kitchen...because it means I have food in my belly and my family has been fed.

This last one was stolen from one of my third graders, he truly brought a laugh to my day.

*I am thankful that I have to clean the toilet because it means that I don't have to go outside and pee on the trees.

I am thankful for everything life has handed me. I am even thankful for the not so pleasant things...it just depends on how you look at life.

My cup run-eth over.

2 comments:

The Boyd Gang said...

I am glad that you can see all things positive. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and fed the boys well. Have you checked out the blog Bring the Rain? It is on my blog list and on Heathers. It is really uplifting but sad at the same time. Enjoy your peace and quiet while you can:)

Mandi Martin said...

A beautiful post! And a good reminder to count even our blessings-in-disguise!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...