Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Heath's Allergy Report

For the past two weeks and one day we have had to keep Heath off of all of the foods that he is allergic to.  We had to acclimate him to his new food allergy drops. After this time period, he will be able to eat all the things he has an allergy to with no allergic symptoms. These foods include, gluten, wheat, barley, yeast, garlic, milk, and eggs.  I'm happy to announce that we made it and Heath didn't starve. But, man, was exhausting!  I attempted many failed recipes with coconut flour. I learned to bake gluten/wheat free. I substituted applesauce for eggs. I used almond milk. I ate with him every day at lunch in the teacher's lounge because I didn't trust him enough to send him to the cafeteria. I provided Lentil Chips and Enjoy Life cookies for his teacher to feed him at snack time.

All this to say, he seems to be doing really well. Today was his first day back to eating normally. He requested honey buns, powdered sugar donuts, and pizza. And guess what, no runny nose. No sneezing. No skin rash. No stomach issues. He seems to be doing fine. 

I have really high hopes for these drops, and I just know they are going to work because the environmental drops we started him on in October have been amazingly wonderful!  Since October, he has had very few breathing treatments for his asthma. His allergies have been Completely. Under. Control. This has been SOOO much better than the allergy shots that we tried first. Less invasive, and all around better for us all.

Here's to a Happy Allergy Free Life for my sweet boy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...