Saturday, December 6, 2014

Happenings

This week, being the wonderful mom that I am, I forgot to have the boys pick something for their turn at show and tell.  As we were walking into school, it dawned on me and I began to panic.  My ever so kind, pre-K sister volunteered anything that they boys could find in her classroom for them to take.  So, I sent the boys to her room and they came back with treasures to show off for their show and tell.  Hunter came with a stuffed animal duck that danced and sang when you pushed the button on its wing. (Boy, his teachers going to love that!)  Heath came back with a rather large pine cone.  Perfect! (and thanks for saving me Aunt Kay)

I later got this email from their teacher.  Heath was really excited about his pine cone.  Here is what he told the class about it:

"I found it in Mrs. Davis' room.  Mrs. Davis found it at a beach that has pecans on it. It's an acorn."

and then later after she reminded him it was a pine cone...


"She found it at the pine cone station where they make pine cones."

Oh My Goodness!  That Child!

When it was Hunter's turn, he also told the class that he found it in Mrs. Davis' room.  They both ratted me out about forgetting show and tell.


Also, one morning while driving into town to go to school this week, the boys yelled from the back seat, "Hey Mom, want to hear us count to 100?"  I sort of cringed but happily told them yes.  It went on and on and on.... seventy.....eighty.....ninety.  When they neared the end, I couldn't help but smile, and then I heard it...ninety-eight, ninety nine, ten-ty.

Logically, it makes sense, but I guess we are going to have to work on what comes after 99.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...