Monday, March 24, 2014

A Rock for my Brother

Hunter is sick today with the cough and fever so he got the chance to stay at home and have Mama all to himself. We made a trip to the doctor's office, and as we were leaving he found a shiny pink rock in the parking lot. He insisted he pick it up, and he save it for his brother because he "missed him."  When we got home Hunter put it in a special place and saved it for when he could give it to Heath. 

This afternoon Hunter and I went to go pick up Heath from school. As Heath climbed into the truck he presented Hunter with a shiny rock he had found himself. And as Heath gave Hunter the rock he said, "It's because I missed you."

I instantly burst into tears because I knew that there was also a rock sitting at home waiting for Hunter to give to Heath. They really did miss each other. They really do love each other. And they know that they both have a fondness for shiny pretty rocks. 

1 comment:

Mandi Martin said...

Well, I almost burst into tears myself! That's so, so sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...