We recently switched pediatric dentist because of various reasons. At our old dentist, we would go in, he would look at the boys teeth, slap some fluoride treatment on them, and send us on our merry way. 10 minutes, tops. Not knowing what to expect, I assumed the boys new dentist would be about the same. Boy, was I wrong.
The new place cleaned their teeth, then cleaned them again with a toothbrush, flossed between their teeth, took a mold, and x-rayed their mouths. When they first started cleaning with the "drill sounding" instrument, I was so worried that this was not going to go well, they are only 3 for goodness sake. I was wrong, the boys loved it. They thought the machine tickled. The nurses kept telling them they had dinosaur teeth. The fluoride tasted like grape. They both walked out of there asking when they can go back. It really showed me. I dread going to the dentist. I hate the "drill sounding" instrument. Guess I'm going to have to suck it up and be brave like my boys are.
 |
| Heath getting his teeth cleaned |
 |
| Hunter getting his teeth cleaned. Look how relaxed he is with his hands folded back behind his head. |
 |
| Heath getting X-rays and mold. |
 |
| Hunter getting X-rays and mold. |
 |
| Happy Boys after the dentist |
No comments:
Post a Comment