Boys, lets start picking up the toys
One boy runs to hide out in the playroom, the other pretends he is deaf and doesn’t hear the command.
Drag back child from playroom. Again, “Boys we need to start picking up the toys.”
Children run again
Administer punishments and begin handing toys one at a time to screaming children for them to put into the toy box. Finally, all toys are put away and I announce it is time for bed.
Children run down the hallway to pick out a bedtime story book . Pull all the books from the bookshelf.
Administer punishments and start over with the picking up
Children jumping on the bed. Not their own.
No jumping on the bed.
Children jumping faster on the bed before Mommy gets to them.
They jump off the bed and run away.
Chasing them, blankets and cups in hand.
One child takes off his pants because he doesn't want pants on.
Wrestle child to put pants back on just to notice that brother has just taken his pants off and diaper! Second child takes off running.
Child hides in his closet.
Move half the furniture to get to the child in the closet, out of the closet. Administer punishment. Use all my strength to hold down the child to put his pants and diaper back on. Meanwhile the 1st pants dropper has stripped again and headed out down the hallway.
Get the naked twin who is jumping on Mom and Dad's bed (the other one is walking around with the laundry basket on his head).
Put dirty clothes back into laundry basket, carry screaming child who had to stop jumping on the bed out of the room to put pajamas on.
Finally get somewhat calm children to sit down while reading stories.
Ahhhh, happy feeling of cuddling the children, while they help read the story.
Click, Clack, Moo
Click, Clack, Moo
Clickity, Clack, Moo
Say Bedtime prayers
The boys say they are thankful for everyone in the family except me! ( I wonder why)
Turn off light, tuck children into bed.
Get back in to bed!
Chase down child who has gotten out of bed and ran down the hall.
Find child hiding in the bathroom. Adminster punishment.
Chase down child who has gone looking for a random toy he hasn't played with in weeks.
Find child hiding on the other side of our bed. Administer punishment.
Tuck children back into bed.
Lay on floor by door to block their escape route.
Tuck children back into bed.
Go to get their water cups.
Come back to find one empty bed.
Find child hiding in closet behind box of diapers. Administer punishment.
Tuck children into bed.
Two hours have passed since starting the bedtime routine.
Mommy has passed out from sheer exhaustion.
Children come lay down beside her on the floor and finally fall asleep themselves.
***Note: Parts of this story may have been embellished for entertainment value. Small parts. Very small parts. ***
Dear Blog Buddies,
Seriously, though. I need my blog friends help. I tuck Heath in bed every night and he continuously gets back up. I have administered punishment and administered punishment (swatted) to no avail. I can't really use a time out when I want him to stay in the bed and go to sleep. Do you have any ideas other than laying in bed with him until he goes to sleep? I need help? I'm desperate! I'll try anything!
Sincerely,
One exhausted Momma.

4 comments:
I'm not really much help-my four month old woke up 4 times last night. But I do know that when we watch super nanny on tv, she just puts them back in bed like ur doing and sits at the door. She doesn't talk to them but just continues to put them back-eventually it works. Well she says it works.
Are you going to be home during spring break? I am coming and can give you tips then. Not that I really have many that will work but we can just chat about things that might work. Hope you get some rest.
We lived a version of this bedtime routine just about every night until the day Max turned three. (And a similar version back when Ruth was that age). And now we only do occasionally. :) I can only tell you to keep doing what you are doing. Eventually, it WILL pay off, or they'll grow out of it, or something. :) Hang in there!
Try a reward system. Stay in bed and you get........Find out what motivates them.
Good luck! Lots of prayers.
Post a Comment